Displaying tabular data in Visual C# using ListView
ListView is extremely useful in displaying tabular data in C#. Yet, it is an easy to use control.
- Drag the control onto your form and note its name. In this instance, I am going to use ListView1 as name.
- You will have to add columns to it now. This is how you do it.
If you have 5 columns, then you will have to do it five times.
- Now, you will have to have each row that you want to insert as a single dimension string array. Number of items in this array should be equal to number of added columns. If it’s not, then rest of string elements will not show up.
- Add the string array to a ListViewItem. For that, you will have to create a ListViewItem first. ListViewItem’s constructor would allow you to pass the string array to it. Do it by typing:
ListViewItem li = new ListViewItem(stringarray);
- Now add the ListViewItem to the ListView by typing:
That’s it! Run your application and you’ll have your table beautifully displayed in tabular format.